The Church in Antioch, Part 2
Topic: The Book of Acts Passage: Acts 11:19–11:30
Have you ever wondered about the origin of the word "Christian" and how the Church began? Acts 11 provides details about the early church to help us function as a body of believers today.
1. The Establishment of the Church (21)
- The gospel should be proclaimed to all.
- God uniquely prepares His people to proclaim the gospel to all.
- The gospel has the power to save anyone who believes.
2. The Emphasis of the Church
- Godly Leadership – Pastors
- Teaching of the Word
- Different from the World
Christian means “belonging to the party of Christ.”