What Is Man? Destined for Glory and Honor
Topic: Man's Destiny Passage: Psalm 8:1–8:9
As the psalmist David marvels at God's creation, he considers the question: "What is man that You take thought of him, and the son of man that You care for him?" Listen to this message on Psalm 8 and allow the Scriptures to answer the question of man's significance.
• The Recognition of Man’s Significance (Psalm 8:3-8; Job 7:17)
- Observed in a Profound Consideration (Psalm 8:3-4)
- Established by Divine Confirmation (Psalm 8:5-8)
• The Reason for Man’s Significance (Psalm 8:1, 9)
- Because You have put your glory above the heavens!
- Because You want Your name to be known throughout the earth! (Psalm 119)
• The Response to Man’s Significance (Psalm 8:2)
- Opposition from an Ancient Enemy
- Resolution from a Surprising Source (Matthew 21:1-16; Hebrews 2:5-13)
We, as believers, are the ones who know the Name above all names! We are the ones who know the Name of the One Who can pay our sin debt and solve our problems. That name is Jesus!
What are you doing with that Name? Are you sharing with those around you?
Dr. Sam Horn is Executive Vice President for Enrollment and Ministerial Advancement, and Dean of the School of Religion and the Seminary of Bob Jones University.