God's Institution of Marriage
Topic: Marriage Passage: Genesis 2:18–2:24
The world is attacking the institution of marriage. God designed marriage to be between one man and one woman. Same-sex marriage is contrary to God’s plan. (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13; Genesis 2:24)
We as Christians need to defend God’s truth—including God’s truth about biblical marriage.
1. The Start of Marriage
• The Parade Before Marriage (Genesis 2:19-20)
• The Presentation of the Bride (Genesis 2:21-22)
• The Poetry of Marriage (Genesis 2:23 - the first poetic couplet in the Bible)
2. The Scriptural Principles for Marriage
• It shows us the dignity of the woman. (1 Peter 3:7)
• It shows us the leadership of the man. (1 Corinthians 11:3, 8)
• It shows us the union of a man and a woman. (Genesis 2:24)
• It shows us the permanency of marriage. (Genesis 2:24)
• It shows us the importance of a God-centered relationship.
- The key is for YOU to have a right relationship with God. Each person in the family needs to be in a right relationship with God so that each can be in a right relationship with one another. Is God on the throne of your life?
Biblical Marriage = One Man for One Woman for One Lifetime