The Husband's Role in Marriage, Part 1
November 11, 2018 Series: Marriage
Topic: Marriage Passage: 1 Peter 3:7–3:7, Ephesians 5:23–5:25
The husband and wife have God-ordained roles within marriage. God's role for the husband is addressed in our texts: 1 Peter 3:7 and Ephesians 5:23-25. This sermon is part one of a two-part message.
1. The husband is to be a learner. (1 Peter 3:7)
- It literally means to come to know or get a knowledge of her. Know her strengths, weaknesses, likes, and dislikes. Study her. Study God’s Word to know the principles of marriage.
2. The husband is to honor and respect his wife in everything.
- Honor is to show respect and high esteem.
- Why should the husband do this?
• The Bible says that the wife is a weaker vessel meaning that God created her weaker physically.
• The Bible says that the wife is a joint-heir. She has the same standing before God.
• The Bible says it has an impact on the husband’s relationship with God. It will affect his prayer life.