The Miraculous Ministry of the Word
Topic: Christian Growth Passage: Hebrews 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16–3:17
What is the ministry of the Word of God? God’s Word is alive, active, piercing, and is a judge of the intentions of the heart. As believers, the Word of God should be given preeminence in our lives. We need to bathe our minds daily in His Word and listen to God’s voice.
Statistics on Daily Bible Reading:
➢ “Less than 20% of churchgoers read their Bible daily.” (Christianity Today, 2012)
➢ “Only 45% of those who regularly attend church read their Bible once a week.” (Lifeway, 2015)
➢ “Forty percent read their Bible occasionally meaning 1 to 2 times a month.” (Lifeway, 2015)
➢ “Almost 1 in 5 say they never read their Bible.” (Lifeway, 2015)
➢ What keeps Christians from reading their Bible? Forty percent said, “Too busy with life’s responsibilities.” (Barna Research)
1. The Word of God is powerful. (Hebrews 4:12)
• It has the power to expose sin.
• It has the power to convict of sin.
2. The Word of God is profitable. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
• It is profitable everywhere.
– It is all inspired by God.
• It is profitable for everything.
- Teaching (what you need to know)
- Reproof (what you did wrong)
- Correction (how to make wrong, right)
- Training (how to stay right)
3. The Word of God is protective.
• It protects us from sin. (Psalm 119:9-11)
• It protects us from Satan. (Ephesians 6:17)
1. Choose a time.
2. Choose a place.
3. Choose a plan.
More in Current Sermon
October 17, 2021Giving That Pleases God
August 29, 2021Praising God Through Difficult Times
August 15, 2021Remember That God is the One Who Saves and Not You