Trusting God During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Topic: Christian Growth Passage: Proverbs 3:5–3:6
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, many people are filled with fear, anxiety, and even panic. As believers, we do not need to fear. Why? God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). Let's examine the encouraging truth found in Proverbs 3:5-6.
- The tense of “Trust”
“Trust” is in the imperative tense meaning this is a command
- The meaning of “Trust”
“To put your trust in the Lord is to place your confidence and security in Him and Him alone.”
- The Person We Are to Trust
- Singular Meaning of His Name: LORD is the Hebrew word “Yahweh” or “Jehovah”
- Compound meanings of His Name: The Person we are commanded to trust in is Jehovah, the Creator and God of the Universe! For a list of the names of God and their meanings, view https://www.blueletterbible.org/study/misc/name_god.cfm .
The Percentage of Our Trust
- All of you - 100% of you
- All the time - 100% of the time
- All of you (100% of you) must trust God all the time (100% of the time).
The Promise of our Trust: “He will make your paths straight.”
- What doesn't this mean?
- The absence of trials
- That life will be easy
- What does this mean?
- God will guide you to take the right way.
- God will bring you to His appointed goal: your good and His glory!