How to Get Your Smile Back
Topic: Joy Passage: Psalm 39:1–39:13
With the struggles of life, have you lost your joy? How can you get your smile back? David the psalmist revealed his struggle with the very same thing in Psalm 39. Pastor Mike Knight explains how David got, and we can get, joy by following the principles laid out in Psalm 39.
- He prayed to God about his struggles (1-3)
- Struggles should not cause us to sin with our speech. (Psalm 39:1)
- Struggles should not cause us to sin with our silence. (Psalm 39:2)
- Struggles should cause us to cry out to God. (Psalm 39:3)
- He prayed to God about his perspective of life (4-6)
- He prayed for God to show him the brevity of life (Psalm 39:4-5)
- He prayed for God to show him the vanity of pursuing riches. (Psalm 39:6)
- He prayed to God about his place of dependence. (Psalm 39:7)
- He did not want to waste any more time making the mistake of putting his confidence in anyone else but God and God alone.
- His only hope was in the Lord.
- He prayed to God to forgive his sins (Psalm 39:8-13)
- He realized his misery was due to his sin. (Psalm 39:8-9)
- He asked God to forgive his sins and to remove His chastening hand. (Psalm 39:10-13)
- Pray to God about your struggles.
- Pray to God about your perspective of life.
- Pray to God about your place of dependence.
- Pray to God to forgive your sins.
Result: God will restore your smile!
More in Special Topics
May 10, 2020The Godly Example of Hannah
April 19, 2020Contentment During the Coronavirus
April 12, 2020The Resurrection of Christ: The Completion of the Gospel