God’s Plan for You During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Topic: God's Will Passage: 1 Timothy 2:3–2:4, 1 Thessalonians 4:3–4:3, Ephesians 5:17–5:18, 2 Timothy 3:12–3:12, 1 Peter 2:13–2:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:18–5:18
What is God doing, and what am I supposed to be doing during this Covid-19 crisis? (Colossian 1:9; Romans 12:1-2) We must examine God’s Word to know His plan for us in every circumstance. We must renew our minds through His Word and adjust our thinking so that we follow through with obedient action.
1. God wants sinners to be saved. (1 Timothy 2:3-4; 2 Peter 3:9)
- Reach out to others who need the Gospel (through social media, phone calls, etc.).
2. God wants Christians to be sanctified. (1 Thessalonians 4:1-3)
- How can I grow closer to God through this trial? Spend more time in His Word and in prayer.
3. God wants Christians to be Spirit-controlled. (Ephesians 5:17-18; Galatians 5:16-25)
4. God wants Christians to learn to endure hardship. (2 Timothy 3:12; 1 Peter 3:17; James 1:2-8)
5. God wants Christians to submit to their authorities. (1 Peter 2:13-15; Romans 13:1-7)
- It is our moral duty. We are to submit to our God-ordained authorities. We are to submit unless our authorities ask us to violate God’s Word. With the Covid-19 crisis, our government authorities are not trying to keep us from living for God; they are trying to protect us. This falls under the category of loving our brother.
6. God wants Christians to be thankful in all (1 Thessalonians 5:18; Ephesians 5:20)
The God of heaven is in complete control over this pandemic. He’s accomplishing His plan for your ultimate good and His glory.