The Living Stone and His Chosen People, Part 2
Topic: Christ Passage: 1 Peter 2:4–2:10
Jesus Christ is the Living Stone. Your response to the Living Stone determines your eternal destiny. This message is part two of the sermon, The Living Stone and His Chosen People. You may listen to part one here.
3. Only Two Responses to the Living Stone (1 Peter 2:6-8; Isaiah 28:16; Psalm 118:22; Ephesians 2:11-22)
• Those who accept Christ will have eternal life. (1 Peter 2:7)
• Those who reject Christ will have eternal judgment in the lake of fire. (John 3:18, 36; 1 John 5:12; Revelation 20:6)
4. The Description of Those Who Know the Living Stone (1 Peter 2:9-10)
• Christians are a chosen race.
• Christians are a royal priesthood. (Exodus 19:5; 2 Timothy 2:12; Revelation 1:6)
• Christians are a holy nation: the Church.
• Christians are a people belonging to God. (Malachi 3:16-17)
• Christians are ones who have received God’s mercy.
5. Why highlight all these benefits?
• To produce gratitude in the hearts of God’s people
• To motivate Christians to testify of the excellencies of Christ, the One Who called us out of darkness to light
• Our benefits as Christians should encourage us to share the gospel with the lost so they, as well, can become part of His glorious Church.