How Christians Should Live in a Wicked World
Topic: Christian Growth Passage: 1 Peter 2:11–2:12
How should believers live in this wicked world? They should live in such a way that their lives reflect God’s love and holiness which will draw others to Christ. Are you living for God?
1. Live a life remembering who you are in Christ. (1 Peter 2:11)
• Remember you are a recipient of God’s love in Christ.
- The Christians are addressed in this letter as “beloved.”
• Remember you are an alien and a stranger in this world.
- This refers to a sojourner living in a country that is not his home. (1 Peter 1:1)
- The believer’s permanent home is in heaven. (Philippians 3:20)
•. Remembering who you are in Christ should motivate you to live for Him. (Romans 12:1-2; 1 John 4:19; 2 Corinthians 5:14, 17, 20)
2. Live a life abstaining from fleshly lusts. (1 Peter 2:11b; Galatians 5:16-24)
• This requires self-discipline.
• This requires submission to God’s Spirit.
• This is a constant battle.
The word “war” implies a long-term military campaign. (Romans 7)
3 Live a life attracting others to Christ. (1 Peter 2:12)
• This type of life involves godly living. (Matthew 5:16)
.• This type of life brings others to Christ.
• This type of life brings glory to God.