How to Be Full of Thanksgiving
Topic: Thankfulness Passage: Colossians 3:15–3:17
How can we be filled with thankfulness? The Bible commands us to be thankful. If we obey the commands in Colossians 3:15-17, it will produce thankfulness.
1. Enjoy the fullness of God’s peace. (Colossians 3:15)
• What is this peace?
- It’s a tranquil state of the soul assured of its salvation through Christ. (Isaiah 9:6 - Christ is the Prince of Peace; John 14:27)
- It’s an absence of uneasiness knowing there is nothing between you and your Savior. (Philippians 4:7)
• What are we to do with this peace?
- Let it control you; let it counsel you.
• How does it display itself?
- Peaceful living demonstrates a person controlled by the peace of Christ. (Hebrews 12:14; Philippians 4:7)
- Thankfulness demonstrates a person controlled by the peace of Christ.
2. Enjoy the fullness of God’s Word.
• How? (Colossians 3:16)
- Read God’s Word.
- Meditate on God’s Word. (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 119:11-16)
- Obey God’s Word.
• What happens?
- You are filled with wisdom. (Proverbs 2)
- You are ready to teach and admonish others.
- You have a song of thanksgiving in your heart. (Colossians 3:16)
3. Enjoy the fullness of God’s Name. (Colossians 3:17)
• What is to be done in His name?
• What does it mean to do all in His name? (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- It means to act consistently with Who He is and what He wants.
- It means to give him thanksgiving and praise.
More in Special Topics
May 10, 2020The Godly Example of Hannah
April 19, 2020Contentment During the Coronavirus
April 12, 2020The Resurrection of Christ: The Completion of the Gospel