How to Impact Your Kids for Christ
Topic: Parenting Passage: 2 Timothy 1:5–1:7, 2 Timothy 3:14–3:17
Child training must be rooted in the Scripture. Timothy learned the Scriptures from his mother and grandmother. We can learn much about biblical child rearing from Timothy's life. Let's examine 2 Timothy 3:14-17 and 2 Timothy 1:5-7.
1. Teach your kids the Word. (2 Timothy 3:14-17)
- It teaches them what is right.
- It rebukes them when they are wrong.
- It teaches them how to make their wrong, right.
- It teaches them how to stay right.
- It teaches them all they need to know to live a godly life.
2. Live the Word before your kids. (2 Timothy 1:5-7)
- “Sincere” means without hypocrisy, unhypocritical, without pretense or deceit, completely genuine.
- Timothy grew up observing real Christianity, not hypocritical Christianity.
- A genuine Christian strives to look and act like Christ.
More in Current Sermon
October 17, 2021Giving That Pleases God
August 29, 2021Praising God Through Difficult Times
August 15, 2021Remember That God is the One Who Saves and Not You