Fulfilled Prophecy Proves Jesus Is the Messiah
Topic: Christmas Passage: Luke 24:27–24:39
Christmas is all about the Gospel. More than 300 prophecies foretold of the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ. The birth of Christ wasn't just an event in history; it is Good News for us today!
Two travelers on the road to Emmaus were discussing the events that happened regarding the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. These men, unaware that the Man they just met was Jesus, begin a conversation. Christ gives them a survey of the Old Testament Scripture and then points the two men to the Scriptures (Luke 24:44) as proof that He is the Messiah (John 14:6).
A few of the prophecies fulfilled in Christ:
1. He would come from the lineage of David.
2. He would be born of a virgin.
3. He would be born in Bethlehem.
4. He would ride into Jerusalem on a donkey.
5. He would be betrayed by a friend.
6. He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver.
7. He would remain silent when accused.
8. He would have his hands and feet pierced.
9. He would be raised from the dead.
What is the scientific probability of one person fulfilling 8 prophecies?
One chance in 100,000,000,000,000,000 (10 to 17th power)
What is the scientific probability of one person fulfilling 48 prophecies?
One chance in 10 to the 157th power
What is the scientific probability of one person fulfilling 300+ prophecies?
- The probability is similar to covering the state of Texas two feet deep in silver dollars, sending a blindfolded man out in any direction to find a marked coin, and that man choosing the correct silver dollar on the first try.
What did Jesus point out regarding the Scriptures' prophecies?
1. He would suffer and die for their sins.
2. He would be buried and resurrected on the third day.
3. His followers would preach the gospel to the entire world.
Christmas is all about the Gospel!