The Job Description of Every Christian
Topic: Evangelism Passage: Acts 26:18–26:18
The voice of the world is strong in our present day, and oftentimes the voices of Christians are silent. Are you afraid to share the truth of the Gospel? The Apostle Paul reported to the pastors in Jerusalem regarding those who were saved on his missionary journeys. Shortly after his arrival in Jerusalem, he was arrested (Acts 22), and the rest of the book of Acts details Paul's defense. In each of his six defenses, Paul stands firm in his faith. We should stand firm as well!
1. What is the job description of every Christian?
- To show people how to be spiritually changed by sharing the Gospel with them.
2. What is the gospel?
- The Gospel includes the bad news of being a sinner deserving of God’s judgment in hell.
- The Gospel is the good news that Jesus died to save sinners. (John 3:16; Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19-20)
- The Gospel is a message of repentance and faith in Christ alone for salvation.
- The Gospel is a message of spiritual death to those who reject it and spiritual life to those who accept it. (2 Corinthians 2)
3. What does the Gospel do?
- Shows people how to be delivered from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God. (1 Corinthians 2; Ephesians 2:1; 2 Corinthians 4:5-6; 1 Peter 2:9-10; Ephesians 5:8)
- Shows people how to receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life. ( Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 10:43; John 6:47; Romans 1:16)
Are you doing your job of sharing the Gospel with the lost?