The Church in Antioch, Part 1
Topic: The Book of Acts Passage: Acts 11:19–11:21
The local church at Antioch started as a result of the martyrdom of Stephen (Acts 11:19). Jewish believers in Jerusalem fled to escape persecution. These Christians carried the message of the Gospel as they dispersed to outlying areas. God will accomplish His purpose even in the face of hardship!
1. The Establishment of the Church (Acts 11:21)
- The Gospel should be proclaimed to all.
- God uniquely prepares His people to proclaim the Gospel to all.
• Your situation in life is both your preparation and place of ministry.
- The Gospel has the power to save anyone who believes.
• It’s not the eloquence of the messenger; it’s the power of the message--the Gospel--that saves.